GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH, ABSTRACT
TRIBAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT - Counting of Two (2) years apprentice period of Teachers for the purpose of sanction of notional increments – Payment of arrears – Orders – Issued. Social Welfare (TW.Ser.III) Department. G.O.Ms.No.26, Dated:22-08-2012
1. G.O.Ms.No.221, Educations (SER.III) Department, dt.16-07-1994.
2. G.O.Ms.No.2, Education (SE.SER.III) Department, dt.05-01-2009.
3. School Education (SE.SER.I) Department, Memo.No.8663/Ser.I/2010, dt.01-07-2010.
4. From the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.K2/1889/ 10, dt.12-10-2010.
5. From the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.K2/1889/10, dt.27-08-2011.
In the G.O. 1st read above, orders were issued to the effect that the candidates who were selected through the DSC shall be initially appointed as apprentice for a period two years from date of appointment. He / she shall be paid a monthly stipend at the rate to be prescribed from time to time by the Government. On satisfactory completion of the period of apprentice, he / she shall be appointed to a regular post with a regular scale of pay. It was also ordered therein that the apprentice period shall be counted for probation.
2. In the G.O. 2nd read above, Government in School Education, had sanctioned (2) Notional Increments to the apprentice period to the teachers working in Government / ZPP / MPP Schools and directed to count the period of 2 years apprentice period for the purpose of sanction of 2 notional increments w.e.f.01-04-2009. Further, Government in Memo.No.8663/ Ser.1/2010, School Edn. (SE.SER-I) Dept., dt.01-07-2010, on the clarification sought by the Director of Treasuries & Accounts, Hyderabad have clarified the above issue including payment of arrears in respect of sanction of 2 notional increments.
3. In GO 223 (EducationSer.III-2) Dept., dt.01-07-1989, Government have relaxed the TTC qualification in favour of SC, ST candidates for recruitment to the post of SGT /Spl. Teacher and in pursuance of the said GO.223 (Education Ser.III-2) Dept., dt.01-07-1989, Education Department have issued instructions in Memo.No.79/Ser.III.1/ 2001-9, dt.31-07-2003, while drawing the attention of Director State Audit, Hyd., that such SC/ST candidates are entitled for Notional Increments from the date of their appointment as SGT till they acquire TTC qualification and monitory benefit will be allowed from the day of following the last day of acquiring TTC qualification.
4. In this connection, the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad in the letter 4th read above, has stated that in representations dated 3-7-2010 & 5.8.2010, the Teachers Associations of Tribal Welfare have represented that the Notional Increments are not being released to the teachers working in Tribal Welfare Department by the District Treasury Officers with a plea that they have not received any instructions from the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Hyderabad.
5. Further, the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad has informed that in the Memo.No.1656/KK1/68-2, Edn. Dated.25/06/1968, Government have issued orders that “General orders applicable to the schools and teachers working in schools under different managements shall also apply to the schools and teachers under the control of the Director of Tribal Welfare and Director of Social Welfare also”.
6. In the reference 5th read above, the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad, has furnished the requirement of financial implications and budget provisions for sanction of notional increments of apprentice period of teachers as Rs. 3,10,44,036/- and stated that the said expenditure will be incurred under the following head of account:
2225 - Welfare of SCs, STs and OBCs
02 - Welfare of Scheduled Tribes
MH-277 - Education
SH-05 - Educational Institutions (Non-Plan)
010 - Salaries
7. Further, the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad has stated that there are (13) O.As filed by teachers of GPS (Tribal Welfare), Srikakulam District in Hon’ble Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal for sanction of increments thereof and for payment of salaries from December 1991 to May 1993. The Hon’ble Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal admitted the above OAs on 21-12-2010 and granted interim orders directing the 2nd Respondent (Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad) to pass orders on the letter of Project Officers, ITDA, Seethampeta, Srikakulam, District in Rc.No.K3/2003/Dy.E.O/F/Den. Dated 15.03.2010, where in the Project Officer, ITDA., Seethampeta has requested to issue instructions for sanction of increments to the teachers appointed on consolidated pay during the year 1991.
8. In view of the above, the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad has requested the Government to issue necessary orders in the matter.
9. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby orders for release of (2) notional increments to the teachers working in Tribal Welfare Educational Institutions on par with the teachers working in Government/ZPP/MPP Schools who were sanctioned (2) notional increments with effect from 01-04-2009 based on the G.O.Ms.No.2, Edn. (Ser.III) Department, dated:05.01.2009.
10. The Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad is requested to take necessary action accordingly.
11. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (ESW) Department, vide their U.O.Note. No.29515/20/A2/ESW/2012, dt.05-03-2012.
Download Full G.O Copy