GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS HYDERABAD
State level Photography Competitions
Biodiversity, the variety of life on earth, is quite possibly the most amazing thing on the planet. All the living things and their habitats in the sea, on land and in the air are all part of Biodiversity. The genetic codes that make each individual unique are all part of Biodiversity. Without Biodiversity, humans could not exist. In brief, biodiversity is the foundation of life on Earth.
United Nations, Government of India and Andhra Pradesh Government are jointly hosting Conference on Biological Diversity (COP-11) scheduled from 1st to 19th October, 2012, in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. This is the biggest ever international conference ever held in India so far.
Information and Public Relations Department is conducting State Level Photography Competitions in the following themes/Concepts on the occasion of United Nations Conference on Biological Diversity.
This State level Photography competition is aimed at focusing on the rich and unique Biodiversity features of India; preserving Biological Diversity and natural resources; and bringing awareness for the conservation of Biodiversity. The organizers look the above mentioned aspects in the submitted photographs.
1. Landscapes (including forests and trees)
2. Water bodies
3. Hills and mountains
4. Wild life
6. Aquatic life
7. Macro in nature
8. Symbiotic relationship between flora and fauna.
(These forms of life share common environment. The existence of one supports the other. Their life is a perfect symbiosis. The photographs should represent the essential unity and integrity.)
9. Human beings and environment
10. Things hampering Biodiversity
11. Conservation of Biodiversity
First Prize : Rs.25,000/-
Second Prize : Rs.20,000/-
Third Prize : Rs.15,000/-
Consolation prizes in each theme (3Nos.) Rs.10,000/- each
Rules for Entry:
1. The entries should be of minimum 8’x12’ or maximum 12’x15’ size in colour.
2. Original digital frame of the picture should be sent in the form of DVD, along with print of the photograph.
3. Each participant may send a maximum of four entries per theme and should write in detail the photographer’s name, address, mobile/telephone number, category, and title/caption on the back side of each entry.
4. All photographs submitted must be the original work of the participant.
5. Each participant should send an Undertaking to the effect that the picture sent to the competition is his/her original. The organisers has the right to cancel the award/awards, if found otherwise.
6. Entries sent to this competition will not be returned.
7. Description of the photo with the category of the theme, its location, and other details, etc should be attached to the photograph.
8. Digital mixing/enhancing/Computer mixing photos are not eligible for competition.
9. Photos exhibited previously in any competition will not be accepted.
10. Decision of the Jury/Commissioner, Information and Public Relations Department of Andhra Pradesh will be final and binding and no further correspondence will be entertained.
11. The Department reserves the right to use the accepted entries for publications/ advertisements/exhibitions taken up by the Information and Public Relations Dept.
12. The entries should be handed over in person or sent by Regd. post to Nodal Officer, Conference on Biodiversity, (Deputy Director - Publications), Information and Public Relations Department, II Floor, Samachar Bhavan, AC Guards, Masab Tank, Hyderabad- 500028, A.P.
13. The last date for the receipt of the entries is 15-09-2012. Entries received after the due date will not be accepted.
14. For further details, contact the Nodal Officer at: email@example.com
15. Cash prizes in the form of DDs along with Certificates with UN Conference logo will be sent to the winners by Regd.post.