TN Govt Letter No.47913 Enhancement of Special Pay. TN Govt Revised Pay Scales 2009
Finance (PC) Department, Letter No.47913/Pay Cell/2012-1, dated 10.09.2013.
Sub: Tamil Nadu Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2009 - Enhancement of Special Pay based on the recommendations of Pay Grievance Redressal Cell – Orders issued - Clarification – Regarding.
Ref: 1. Government Letter No.82431 / Pay Cell / 98-1, Finance Department, dated: 29.10.98
2. G.O.Ms.No.238, Finance (PC) Department, dated: 22.07.13.
3. From the Tamil Nadu Government Typists & Stenos Association (affiliated to T.N.Govt. Officials Union) representation dated: 27.08.13.
4. From the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat, U.O. No. 11566A/13-1, dated: 04.09.13.
5. From the Adi-Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department, U.O.No.12949 /OP-1/13-1, dated: 04.09.13.
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2) In the reference second cited, orders were issued to the effect that the existing rate of Special Pay which has been sanctioned / enhanced on or before 1.09.98 shall be increased by 100% and the existing rate of Special Pay which has been sanctioned / enhanced after 1.09.98 shall be increased by 50% with
effect from 1.04.2013.
3) In the references third to fifth cited, it has been requested to clarify whether the enhanced rate of Special Pay ordered inthe Government Order cited is applicable to the individual employees based on the date of their appointment or it is based on the applicability of Special Pay to the categories to which Special
Pay was sanctioned / enhanced on or before 1.09.98 and after 1.09.98.
4) In this connection, I am directed to clarify that the enhanced rate of Special Pay ordered in the Government Order cited is only with reference to the date of Special Pay sanctioned / enhanced to the categories as a whole and not with reference to the date of sanction of Special Pay to individual employees based on their date of appointment. As such, the employees in the categories for whom Special Pay has been sanctioned / enhanced on or before 01.09.98 and after 01.09.98 are eligible for an uniform enhanced rate of Special Pay by 100% and 50% respectively.