G.O Ms.No.60 Dated 24.10.2013 Implementation of CCE in all Schools. CCE Implementation in all Management Schools.
School Education – Right to Education-2009- Curriculum and Evaluation Reforms- Implementation of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation in all the Government Local Bodies, Aided and recognized schools in the State along with Right to Education related initiatives - Orders – Issued.
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PE-SSA) DEPARTMENT, G.O.Ms.No.60 Dated 24.10.2013
Read the following
1) G.O.Ms.No.20, School Education (PE-Prog.I) Department, dated:03.03.2011.
2) G.O.Ms.No.41, School Education (PE-Prog.I) Department, dated:03.07.2010.
3) From the State Project Director, RVM(SSA), A.P., Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No. 202/
In the reference 1st read above, orders have been issued relating to the Andhra Pradesh Right of Children to free and compulsory Education rules 2010 under the provision of Right to Education Act 35 of 2009. In the reference 2nd read above, Government of Andhra Pradesh notified the State Council of Education Research and Training as academic authority for School Education U/s.29 (1) of the Right of the Children to Free and
Compulsory Act,2009 for under taking the Curriculum and the Evaluation proceducures for Elementary Education.
2. The Right to Education Act 2009 prescribes Continuous and comprehensive Evaluation of competencies of children studying in schools as per sub section -2 (h) under section 29. Continuous and comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) helps the teacher to know the phase of development of competencies on one hand and personality traits on the other hand while assessing the child’s academic achievement levels. Evaluation is a powerful means of improving the quality of education. The Continuous and comprehensive Evaluation is
through school based and teacher made test papers and not from external sources. The scope of evaluation extends all the areas of learner’s personality development which includes scholastic extends all the areas. Continuous and comprehensive Evaluation integrates into class room teaching thorough formative assessment and it focuses on self expression. In this process the grading is awarded in the place of marks against academic standards for both scholastic and co scholastic areas. Keeping this in view all the Educational Committees recommended for the assessment of the children through continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation
3. In the reference 3rd read above, the State Project Director, Rajiv Vidya Mission (SSA), A.P., Hyderabad submitted a proposal to the Government explaining all the above facts and stated that in order to bring forth examination reforms in School Education, Continuous and comprehensive Evaluation is to be implemented in all the schools. She requested the Government to issue orders accordingly.
4. After Careful examination of the matter, the Government have considered the proposal and hereby issue orders that Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation for Assessing Academic Achievement Levels of children reflecting subject specific academic standards for curricular and co- curricular areas shall be adopted in all schools which come under the purview of School Education.
5. The State Project Director, Rajiv Vidya Mission (SSA), A.P., Hyderabad is requested to issue guidelines on Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation in consulting with State Council of Education Research and Training which is the State Academic Authority.
6. The Director, State Council of Education Research and Training is requested to prepare details of procedures to be adopted at different levels and co-ordinate with the State Project Director, Rajiv Vidya Mission (SSA), A.P., Hyderabad to evolve implementable guidelines at School level.
7. The Commissioner and Director of School Education, the State Project Director, Rajiv Vidya Mission (SSA), A.P., Hyderabad and the Director, State Council of Education Research and Training will jointly monitor the implementation of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation and Right to Education related quality issues in all schools under the jurisdiction of State Government i.e., Government, Local bodies, aided and Private recognized Schools.