Health, Medical and Family Welfare - Employees Health Scheme - Providing Cashless medical treatment to the State Government Employees, Pensioners and their dependent family members - Notification of the 'Employees Health Scheme (EHS) - Orders — Issued
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (M2) DEPARTMENT, G.O.Ms.No.174 Dated: 01-11-2013
1 G.O.Ms.No.74, HM&FW (K1) Dept dated:15-03-2005.
2. G.O.Ms.No.180 HM&FW (K1) Dept dated 11-05-2006.
3. G.O.Ms.No.105 HM&FW(K1)Dept dated:09-04-2007.
4. G.O.Ms.No.397 HM&FW(K1)Dept, dated: 14-11-2008.
5. G.O.Ms.No.68 HM&FW (K1) Dept dated 28-03-2011.
6. G.O.Rt.No.5832 GA (Cabinet) Dept Dated:04-12-2010.
7. G.O. Rt No. 3401 GA (GPM&AR) Dept Dated:23-07-2012
8. G.O.Ms.No.184 HM&FW(M2) Dept, dated:14-08-2012.
9. G.O.Ms.No.186 HM&FW(M2) Dept, dated: 14-08-2012
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government have issued modifications / amendments to the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Medical Attendance Rules, 1972, applicable to State Government employees and their dependents etc., for their treatment. In the G.O’s., 2nd to 5th read above, Government have issued further amendments / modifications / clarifications, from time to time, to the said rules. Having decided to provide comprehensive health care to all Government Employees, Pensioners, and their dependent family members, Government vide G.O. 8th read above, have approved the Employees Health Care Fund Scheme (EHF). In the G.O. 9th read above, Government have also issued operational guidelines for implementation of the Employees Health Care Fund Scheme to provide cashless treatment to all the Government employees, pensioners and their dependent family members. The Employees / Pensioners Associations made representations seeking certain modifications to the G.O.8th read above. The then Chief Secretary to Government convened a meeting with the representatives of the Employees / Pensioners Associations on 06-12-2012, and thereafter the matter was placed before the 'Group of Ministers' constituted in the G.O. 6th read above, for their consideration. The Group of Ministers have considered the recommendations of the then Chief Secretary to Government and recommended the implementation of Employees Health Scheme (EHS) and issue of Health Cards. The salient points of the recommendations were discussed by the Chief Secretary to Government with the representatives of the Employees / Pensioners Associations in the meeting held on 31-10-2013 and their views were considered.
3. The Employees Health Scheme is formulated to provide cashless treatment to the employees and pensioners of the State Government and their dependent family members which will ipso facto replace the existing medical reimbursement system under APIMA Rules, 1972, with additional benefits such as post-operative care and treatment of chronic diseases which do not require hospitalization and treatment in empanelled hospitals