School Education - Recruitment of Secondary Grade Teachers –Clarifications Orders Issued.
School Education EE3(2)Department, G.O.(Ms)No.244 Date.30.11. 2013
1. G.O(Ms)No.447, Education, Science and Technology Department, dated 16.7.1996.
2. Orders of Hon’ble Madurai Bench of Madras High Court in W.P.No.6373, 8474 and 10583/2007 dated 4.2.2008.
3. Orders of Hon’ble Madurai Bench of Madras High Court in WA.No.119/2008 and 122/2008 dated 14.5.2008.
4. Interim orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in SLP.Nos.18227 and 18228 / 2008 dated 20.10.2008.
5. G.O.Ms.No.220, School Education, dated 10.11.2008.
6. From the National Council for Teachers Education, New Delhi, Letter No.76-4/2010/NTE/Acad, Dated 11.02.2011.
7. G.O.Ms.No.181, School Education, dated 15.11.2011.
8 G.O.Ms.No.90, School Education, dated 28.03.2012.
9. G.O.Ms.No.222, School Education, dated 24.8.2012.
10. G.O.Ms.No.252, School Education, dated 5.10.2012.
11. Orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in Civil Appeal Nos. 6184-6185/2008, 6186-6187/2008, and 6188-6189/2008, dated 5.9.2013.
12. From the Chairman, Teachers Recruitment Board, Chennai-6 Letter R.C.No.3726/TET/2013, dated 31.10.2013.
ORDER:-In the G.O. fifth read above, orders have been issued as directed by Hon’ble Supreme Court ofIndia on 20.8.2008 in SLP Nos.18227-18228/2008 that the State Government should followed the Statewide seniority in employment registration while appointing Secondary Grade Teachers by calling for the list of eligible persons from all the District Employment Exchanges and by newspaper Public Advertisements throughout the State. Further it was also ordered to mention in the notification, that any person selected and appointed in a particular school within a district cannot aspire for transfer to another school outside the
District. The Supreme Court has further directed that the aforesaid arrangement will apply for any recruitment be made pending disposal of these appeals.
2. In the G.Os 7th, 8th and 10 read above, Government direct that the appointment to the post ofSecondary Grade Teachers, the existing procedures (i.e.) selection through Employment Exchange in Statewide seniority may be continued till the disposal of the SLP.Nos.18227 and 18828 of 2008 filed in the Supreme Court of India
Click HERE to download the complete G.O Copy