Debt Relief to farmers, Women Self Help Groups; of the State of Andhra Pradesh -Operational guidelines to the implementing agencies issued-Reg
AP Govt G.O Ms.No.174 Dated 14.08.2014 Agriculture/Crop/Gold Loan ReliefFINANCE (IF) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No.174 Dated 14.08.2014. Read the following:
1)G.O.Ms.No.31 Agriculture & Cooperation (Agri.II) Department, dt.10.06.2014.
2)G.O.Ms.No.164 Finance (IF) Department, dt.02.08.2014
1.In the GO. 2nd read above, the following orders were issued
(1) To waive the agriculture crop loans and gold loans availed for agricultural purposes, together not exceeding Rs.1.50 lakhs per family. (2) To infuse fresh capital not exceeding Rs.1.00 lakh per DWCRA group in order to financially strengthen the groups
2. The operational guidelines to implement the above orders are annexed herewith.
3. All the implementing agencies viz; Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Cooperative Banks (Other than Urban Cooperatives) as also Primary Agriculture Cooperative Credit Societies (PACS) and Farmers’ Service Cooperative Societies ( FSCS) which are accredited to the lending institutions for advancing direct agriculture crop loans, are advised to follow the guidelines for strict compliance.
4. The State Level Bankers’ Committee (SLBC) of Andhra Pradesh is requested to guide and monitor the implementation of the scheme as per the guidelines.
Scope and Coverage:
Cooperative Credit Societies/FSCs which are accredited to lending institutions for advancing direct agriculture crop loans to agriculture family are also covered under the scheme.
Cut-off date for waiver:
2. The Crop loans & agriculture gold loans disbursed for crop purposes only, including the loans converted to MTL due to calamities, upto 31.12.2013 and outstanding (including interest) as on 31/3/2014 are eligible for coverage under the scheme.
3. Loans which were outstanding as on 31.03.2014 would be eligible for waiver even if they were subsequently repaid to the bank/cooperative
4. Short term loans sanctioned for meeting working capital needs of horticulture activity, allied activities like fisheries, poultry, dairy etc; and agricultural produce (pledge) loans including loans against warehouse receipts, working capital to activities related to indirect finance like fertilizers, Etc,.
i. For purposes of loan waiver family is taken as a unit. The total amount of loan waived for all eligible purposes from all banks taken together cannot exceed the ceiling of Rs.1.50 lakhs fixed for the waiver.
ii. The total amount eligible for waiver shall be limited to crop loan and agriculture gold loan for crop purposes and short term credit converted into MT loan subject to the ceiling prescribed for family.
iii. The total amount that can be waived will be the aggregate of actual amount outstanding in the respective loan accounts of family subject to a ceiling of Rs.1.50 lakh, for crop loan or gold loan or converted crop loan jointly for family. The benefit should be limited to Rs.1.50 lakhs per family.
Download AP Govt G.O Ms.No.174 Dated 14.08.2014 Agriculture/Crop/Gold Loan Relief G.O for more information