AP Govt NTR Sujala Pathakam 20 liters Water for Rs.2.00MA&UD Department – Supply of potable water of 20 liters for Rs.2.00 to each household in the Slum areas / habitations of the Urban Local Bodies in the State under “NTR Sujala Pathakam”– Guidelines – Issued
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (C) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1.G.O.Rt.No.2426 General Administration (Cabinet) Department Dt.23.6.2014.
2. G.O.Rt.No:740, PR & RD (RWS.II) Department,Dt.25.06.2014.
3. G.O.Ms.No.127, PR & RD (RWS.II) Department,Dt.30.08.2014.
4. From the Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, GoAP, Hyderabad,
Government have taken a policy decision, with a view to reduce the incidence of water borne diseases, in the slum / habitations areas of the Urban Local Bodies in the State, by providing potable water of 20 ltrs for Rs.2.00 to each household in the Urban Slum / Habitations areas under the banner of “NTR Sujala Pathakam”.
2. In the G.O.1st read above, Government have constituted Group of Ministers to finalize the modalities for the proposed Scheme.
3. According to the decision of Cabinet Sub-Committee, a Technical Expert Committee has been constituted to go into various aspects for supply of safe potable water in a can of 20 liters for Rs.2.00 to be supplied to each household under the scheme “NTR Sujala Pathakam” vide G.O.2nd
4. Based on the recommendations of the Technical Expert Committee, orders were issued framing the guidelines for implementation of “NTR Sujala Pathakam” in rural areas vide G.O. 3rd read above.
5. The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, GoAP, Hyderabad in her
letter 4th read above has submitted proposals for supply of safe potable water in a can of 20 liters for Rs.2.00 to be supplied to each household in the Urban Slum / Habitations areas under the banner of “NTR Sujala Pathakam” and requested the Government to issue necessary orders.
6. Government after careful examination of the matter and as per the deliberations recommended by the Technical Expert Committee hereby order that the Municipal Councils of all Urban Local Bodies of Andhra Pradesh to follow the guidelines as noted below:-
(a) To follow IS Standards of potable water IS-10500:2012;
(b) Treatment technologies: Committee recommended to go for RO (Reverse Osmosis) Technology if the TDS is more than 1000 mg per ltr in the water and all other parameters are within IS Standards. Also if water contains combination of TDS of more than 500 mg per ltr, fluoride more than 1 mg per ltr, Nitrate more than 45 mg per ltr and Iron more than 0.3 mg per ltr.;
(c) If Fluoride is more than 1 mg per ltr in the water and all other parameters are within IS Standards, the technology recommended is EDF (Electrolytic De-fluoridation) Technology;
(d) Terafil Technology is recommended if the iron is more than 0.3 mg per ltr and all other parameters are within IS standards;
(e) If Turbidity is more than 2 NTU in the water identified and all other parameters are within IS Standards, Ultra Filtration Technology is recommended along with Ultra Violet treatment;
(f) Disinfection shall be integral part of all the treatments
9. Since the Government have decided to launch the programme from 2nd October, 2014 and ULBs may cover in a phased manner, all the habitations/slum areas where there is deficiency of potable water as per the targets fixed in Annexure-II. The capacity and number of plants will be based on the population of the slum. Per capita supply is to be taken at 5 ltrs per person. The water will be supplied either in their 20 ltrs can or 10/12 ltrs can @ Rs.2/- per 20 Ltrs, as per the convenience of the slum dwellers / people. During first phase preference to be given to the slums, where buildings with electricity are available.
10. All the Commissioners of Urban Local Bodies in the State shall follow the guidelines
scrupulously in coordination with the District Collector concerned, for doing the preparatory works for “NTR Sujala Pathakam’’ to be launched from 2nd October, 2014.
11. The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, GoAP, Hyderabad shall take necessary action, accordingly.
Download G.O.Ms.No.189 Dated:16.9.2014 for More information about NTR Sujala Pathakam