Employees Health Scheme (EHS) – Recovery of contribution from the Salaries/Pensions of Employees/Pensioners and depositing the amount along with Government contribution in the Public Account – Revised - Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (TFR) DEPARTMENT, G.O.MS.No.210 Dated 15.11.2014
1. G.O.Ms.No.174, Health Medical and Family Welfare (M2) Department, dated 01.11.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.331, Finance (TFR) Department, dated 11-12-2013.
3. G.O.Ms.No.343, Finance (TFR) Department, dated 17-12-2013.
4. G.O.Ms.No.2, Finance (TFR) Department, dated:04-01-2014.
5. G.O.Ms.No.68, Finance (TFR) Department, dated 20.03.2014.
6. G.O.Ms.No.134, Health Medical & Family Welfare (I.1) Department, dated 29.10.2014.
O R D E R:-
2. In the G.O. 6th read above, after State Reorganisation, orders were issued duly modifying the Employees Health Scheme introduced in G.O.Ms.No.174, 175, 176, HM&FW (M2) Dept., dated 01.11.2013 and G.O.Ms.No.26, HM &FW (M2) Dept., dated 05.02.2014.Therein inter-alia, it was ordered that
i) The deductions from the salary/pension of the employees/pensioners towards contribution under the scheme, shall be effect from the salary / pension pertaining to November, 2014 payable on 01.12.2014, Medical reimbursement under APIMA Rules, 1972 will not be allowed for the treatment undergone on and after 01.12.2014. Finance Department will issue instructions to all the drawing
and Disbursing Officers, Pension Payment Officers/Sub-Treasury Officers accordingly.
ii) The benefits enumerated above shall be implemented within the estimated annual budget of Rs.220 Crores, which is derived from 40% contributions from employees /pensioners and 60% contribution by the Government
iii) The Finance Department will issue separate orders out lining the procedure and for advancing funds to the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust from the monthly contributions based on the utilisation and settlement of claims.
iv) The Finance Department will issue orders for reimbursement of expenditure incurred by Aarogyasri Trust towards claims payment and administrative expenditure under Employees Health Scheme between 01.11.2013 and 31.10.2014.
3. Accordingly, Government hereby order that the contribution towards Employees Health Scheme shall be recovered from the Salary/Pension of Employees/Pensioners starting from November, 2014 payable on 1st December, 2014 onwards and reiterate the earlier orders in this regard.
4. All the Drawing and Disbursing Officers/ pension Payment Officers are hereby instructed to recover the contributions from the Employees/Pensioners as ordered in the references first and second read above from the salaries/pensions of November, 2014 payable in December, 2014 onwards. The contribution shall be as under:
a) Rs.90/- per month (for Slab A consisting of employees with Pay Grades from 1 to IV and Slab B consisting of employees with Pay Grades from V to XVII).
b) Rs.120/- per month (for Slab C consisting of employees with Pay Grades from XVIII to XXXII).
c) The Pay Grades for three Slabs under other Pay Scales, such as University Grants Commission Pay Scales, will be those equivalent to the corresponding Pay Grades under the State Government.
d) The contribution for service pensioners or family pensioners will be according to the present Pay Grade of the post from which the pensioner retired from service.
If both of the spouses are Government employees or Service pensioners, contribution by any one of the spouses is sufficient. In such a case, the applicant shall give a declaration to the effect that the other spouse is a Government employee / Service pensioner, duly indicating the Employee Code/Pensioner Code of the other spouse. All the Drawing and Disbursing Officers are instructed to obtain an undertaking from the employees in the proforma annexed to this order with immediate effect.
The proportionate Government Contribution is as follows:
i) Rs.135/- per month for Slab A and Slab B category of employees and pensioners.
ii) Rs.180/- per month for Slab C category of employees and pensioners
Download G.O MS No.210 Dated 15.11.2014 for more information