Tamil Nadu Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2009 Permission for exercising re-option to come over to the revised scales of pay - Orders – Issued
FINANCE (Pay Cell) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No.240 Dated: 22.07.2013
1. G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 1-6-2009.
2. Government Letter No.41530 /PC/09-1, Finance Department, dated:28-7-2009.
3. G.O.Ms.No.123, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 10-4-2012.
2) As per the clarification issued in the Government letter second read above, employees have been permitted to exercise re-option within a period of three months from the date of issue of clarification or orders revising the scales of pay, grant of retrospective regularization of services or grant of Selection Grade / Special Grade with retrospective effect as the case may be. Based on several representations made by individual employees / Employees Associations that several employees failed to accrue the full benefit of the Pay Commission revision due to exercising of the option date wrongly and deprived of the benefits. The Pay Grievance Redressal Cell has recommended that employees may be given final opportunity for exercising re-option as a one time measure in cases where option could not be exercised within the time limit due to the delayed reach of instructions issued by Government and also to cover the implementation of any of the recommendations of the Committee, the Government accepts and that such re-option should not be in any case lead to fixation of a lower pay than what has already been fixed.
4) The above Government Order shall be in force for a period of six months from the date of issue and any requests for exercising re-option from employees after the above period shall not be entertained.
Click HERE to Download G.O Copy
Click HERE for all G.O's regarding RPS 2009, Released on 22.07.2013