TN Govt G.O.No.463, Dated 27th, December, 2013. Contributory Pension Scheme CPS Accounts Maintenance.
FINANCE (PGC) DEPARTMENT, G.O.No.463, Dated 27th, December, 2013
Pension– Contributory Pension Scheme - Maintenance of Accounts - Revised orders - Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No. 259, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 6th August 2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.430, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 6th August 2004.3. G.O.Ms.No.201, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 21st May 2009.
4. Government letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013 dated 25th November 2013.
5. From the Principal Accountant General (A&E), Tamil Nadu, Chennai–18 letter No. GPF 14 / CPS / 2013-14 / 273-123597 dated 27th November 2013.
6. Government Letter No. 70357/FS/T/PGC/2013 dated 16th December 2013.
7. From the Principal Accountant General (A&E) Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18 letter No. GPF 14 /CPS/5/2013-14 / 284-136520 dated 20th December 2013
In the Government Order first read above, a new Contributory Pension Scheme based on defined contribution has been introduced for all employees who are recruited on or after 01.04.2003. In the Government Order second read above, Government inter-alia ordered that the Accountant General will maintain the accounts for the Contributory Pension Scheme as in the case of General Provident Fund and the Index Number to the employees who join the Contributory Pension Scheme will be allotted by the Accountant General on receipt of application from the Head of Department / Heads of Offices in the prescribed form.
2. Subsequently, in the Government Order third read above the work of assigning Index Numbers and maintaining Contributory Pension Scheme in respect of the following employees were entrusted to the Government Data Centre.
1) Teachers of Panchayat Union schools.
2) Teachers of Aided school / Institutions.
3) Non teaching staff of Panchayat Union schools.
4) Municipal Corporation and Municipal employees
5) Non provincialised employees of Town Panchayats.
6) Non provincialised employees of Panchayat Unions
3. The progress of the work relating to the maintenance of the accounts in respect of Contributory Pension Scheme ofGovernment employees and Teachers of Aided Educational Institutions were reviewedby Government in consultation with the Accountant General and Commissioner, Government Data Centre and the following decisions were taken thereon.
i) The Contributory Pension Scheme schedules relating to 2013-2014 have to be handed over to the GovernmentData Centre as the posting of Contributory Pension Scheme credit schedules for the year 2013-2014 will be made by Government Data Centre.
ii) The applications for admission and allotment of Index number to Contributory Pension Scheme subscribers received up to 31st December 2013 willbe processed by Accountant General’s office and applications received after the cutoff date may be returned to the departments.
iii) The Contributory Pension Scheme accounts for the year 2012-2013 will be completed by the end of January 2014 and the existing data transferred to Government Data Centre.
iv) The missing credit papers and other correspondence relating to Contributory Pension Scheme will be handled by Government Data Centre.
Click HERE to download the complete G.O copy for more information.
Post a Comment